It is soon time for the FIFA World Cup for women and it is going to be one amazing event. The English ladies might not be the favorites to win the tournament, but they are big outsiders and will for sure cause trouble for all their opponents. In England, the FIFA World Cup will be broadcasted by BBC, meaning that they will show all the matches from the tournaments on their TV stations and live online. But, how can you access those streams and stream all the FIFA World Cup 2019 matches live online on BBC abroad?
The FIFA World Cup is one of the most popular events in the world when it is arranged. Unfortunately, not at all as much attention is given to the women as to the men, but still, there will be quite a lot of TV channels broadcasting the FIFA World Cup 2019 online and at their local TV stations in their own nations. You can find a list of FIFA 2019 broadcasters in this article. As you might see there, BBC will be the broadcaster in the UK, and they have promised to air every single match from the tournament at their website, in the BBC iPlayer. But, if you try to access and stream the BBC iPlayer content outside the UK you will only receive copyright warnings telling you that the material is available only in the UK. So, what can you do about this?
Access BBC iPlayer abroad and watch the FIFA World Cup 2019 online!
The first thing you need is to create a user at the BBC iPlayer website. It is completely free to register there, so visit BBC iPlayer and register a user right away. But, as you have probably noticed, the content is geo-blocked, meaning that you can only access it within England. So, what can you do to access it abroad?
You need to use a VPN to get a UK IP address
To access and stream BBC iPlayer abroad, you will need to get an IP address in England. This can be achieved using a VPN service, as it will provide you with a local IP address in England.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is an encrypted connection between your device and a server somewhere else in the world. All your traffic is running through the server, and the server will seem to be the origin of the traffic. So, when you connect to a VPN server in England, all websites will believe that you are located in England. But, BBC is very good at blocking VPN providers, and that is why using a VPN to get a UK IP address in itself isn’t enough. You need to use a VPN that isn’t blocked by BBC iPlayer.
Which VPN to use to stream the FIFA World Cup 2019 live online on BBC?
If you have read all the text above, you now understand that using any VPN simply isn’t a solution. You need to use a VPN that will actually work with BBC, and the solution for that is ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is a leading VPN provider that does work with BBC abroad. If you click the button above and sign up for 12 months, you will even get three months of usage for free in addition! They have a 30-day full refund policy!
Click the button above and sign up for ExpressVPN. Once this is done, download their VPN client to your computer or to your Android or iOS device. After this, install the application, run it and connect to a server in England.
Watch the FIFA World Cup 2019 online on BBC iPlayer in Windows and on Mac!
If you have followed the instructions above, open your browser after connecting to a server in the UK with ExpressVPN.
- Visit the BBC iPlayer website.
- Log in with your BBC iPlayer user.
- Start streaming your favorite content.
- If you still get the error message, open your browser in Private Mode/Incognito mode, and get started!
That should be it. You are now ready to watch the World Cup for women 2019 online in your browser on both Windows systems and on your Macintosh from Apple.
Watch the FIFA World Cup for women live online on your Android and iOS device.
It might be a bit more complicated on Android device and iOS devices, but not very much. This is what you need to do.
Stream the FIFA World Cup online on Android systems
- Download the BBC iPlayer application from the Google Play Store. If you cannot find the BBC iPlayer application, download it manually together with the BBC Media Player application from the linked sites.
- Run the ExpressVPN application and connect to a server in England.
- Restart the BBC iPlayer application and you can now stream the FIFA World Cup for women live online on BBC iPlayer.
Stream the FIFA World Cup live online on iOS systems
If you have an iPhone or an iPad and want to watch the Women’s World Cup 2019 online, this is what you need to do.
- Download the BBC Media Player application from the Apple Store, and the BBC iPlayer application. If you cannot find the BBC iPlayer application, it is because this can only be found in the UK Apple Store. To bypass this, create a brand new Apple ID and register it with an address in the UK. Later log in to the Apple Store with this account. You will then find the BBC iPlayer app in the Apple Store.
- Download ExpressVPN from the Apple Store and install it.
- Connect to a server in England with ExpressVPN.
- Restart the BBC iPlayer application.
- Stream the World Cup 2019 for women online on your iPhone and iPad.
That is it. Now you are ready to watch the FIFA World Cup on all important systems, including Windows, on Macintosh, on Android devices and on your iPhone or iPad. Isn’t that beautiful?
Which team will you cheer for? I hope England and Norway will perform well, even though I am really sad to see that one of the best female footballers in the world, Ada Hegerberg, doesn’t play for Norway. The tournament would have been much cooler if she was on the team… just remember how she scored three goals in the Champions League final a few weeks ago and kind of gave the victory to Lyon on her own. It truly is a pity that she will not take part in the World Cup 2019.
Do you need help watching the World Cup online?
If you need any help along the way, write a comment and I will do my best to help you out!